Learn Yoga. Alignment in Action
- September 2nd- October 31st
- Tuesday and Thursday mornings 9-10:15
- @ Saltair Community Centre Gym: 3850 South Oyster School Road
- 8 class pass (can be used for any Tuesday or Thursday class): $110 – renew as needed. And extend into winter session if passes are left over.
- Register now with a pass with payment vie e transfer, or arrange alternate payment. Class passes will be limited.
- Focus on the building blocks of correct alignment: posture, strength, flexibility, stamina, balance and proprioception/awareness. Additional focus will be on how to build a practise at home. Even 5 minutes a day! Work well with heart and humour and be rewarded with a deep, nourishing restoration at the close of class. The recommendation is to attend as many classes as you can to reap maximum benefit. This is a practise! But passes are flexible if you can only attend one class a week or require flexible use of the pass.
- focus on Yoga for Every Body. Beginners and all levels encouraged! Those new to Iyengar yoga encouraged to explore the difference of this practise.
These are classes for those new to yoga or new to Iyengar yoga. Iyengar yoga is taught by rigorously tested teachers who train over several years: anatomy, philosophy, and practical, applied teaching skills. The Iyengar method offers yoga that is progressive, detailed, hands on, safe and accessible to every body. We will explore the use of props to learn different aspects of the pose work and to support our work with specificity, always working to learn and feel the benefits of yoga in alignment.
“I have practiced a variety of yoga styles for many years and am only now hearing through Jessica’s Iyengar classes, how to pose properly. Jessica demonstrates point by point how to position and offers instruction which ensures safe and effective practice. I always feel grateful for our class.” – Celia Norris
“After a few weeks of teaching by Jessica, I am in love with this amazing yoga practice. Jessica is cheerful, professional, exceptionally knowledgeable and always fully prepared for the classes. She gives excellent group instructions and individual corrections to bring out the best in each of us in our practice. I have re-registered for additional classes and plan to make Jessica’s classes and Iyengar yoga a basic in my life.” – Deirdre Saunders
“Yoga allows you to rediscover a sense of wholeness in your life, where you do not feel like you are constantly trying to fit broken pieces together.” B.K.S. Iyengar
** If you would like to practise but have any financial concerns contact me