This month 50 % of all profits from these online classes will go to the Food Banks Canada Covid-19 Response Fund. Let’s nourish ourselves while nourishing our communities. Next week’s classes are free (April 2nd/4th) Just make sure you register on the schedule below to receive your link to the class.
Register with a ‘Pay What You Can Monthly’ membership that will give you access to:
- 8 Children’s yoga classes, 4 in English and 4 in bilingual French/English
- a recorded link to each class to repeat 48 hrs after the live class and
- access to all other adult classes on the schedule (get yoga in for yourself and your kids at home!)
To register you will need to:
- first choose your form of payment below
- register for each unique class on the monthly schedule that you wish to take.
- remember if you can’t make a class time you can still register and will receive a recorded version in a link to repeat or do the class on your own time (lasts 48 hrs)
- Once you’ve registered you’ll receive an email on how to set up zoom for your online class!
Payment options: ‘Pay What You Can’ monthly membership
- E-transfer your monthly donation with your full name to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Credit card payments accepted with PayPal. Click the “Donate” button below.
Explore Yoga in Action: Children’s Yoga in English and French
I am glad to be of service to an online community of learning services for children seeking homeschooling during the COVID-19 Pandemic. As a TD Artist in the Schools with the Nanaimo Art Gallery I provide yoga classes to schools that connect theatre, story, sensory exploration, imagination, and as we journey through a yoga practise together. These new live online classes are offered in english and a bilingual version for french learners/French Immersion students. Brothers and sisters unite together through yoga and the joy of creative exploration! (suitable for K-7)
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further questions,
I am a Certified Iyengar Yoga Instructor and a classically trained professional actor. I am passionate to make accessible yoga for every body and the rigour of training for Iyengar Instructors is geared at just that- making sure yoga practise is clear and teachable to all of us. My work and training an an actor imbues my teaching with a sense of play and exploration which are necessary tools in any journey of learning. Read more here.
‘Jessica brilliantly combines her strengths as a storyteller and actor to lead yoga classes that communicate her knowledge and passion for the Iyengar tradition. Empathetic, funny, and expertly able to adapt to meet the individual needs of her students, Jessica challenges learners at all levels to work hard and push their boundaries, while creating an environment that is enriching and supportive.’
– Julie Bevan, Executive Director. Nanaimo Art Gallery
‘As a career classroom French Immersion teacher, I offer a strong recommendation of this innovative, approachable introduction to yoga offered in French. The story approach, along with the opportunity for kinaesthetic practice of relevant vocabulary and practice with mindfulness, will be both appealing and educationally sound for elementary French Immersion students. The creator/instructor for this powerful program is Jessica, is reflective and responsive to individual needs, and offers a vast range of skills within her yoga training, as a teacher of adult and teen classes and theatre experience.’
Belinda – Harrison, B.Ed., M.Ed.