For March-May’s classes 50 % of all profits went to Food Banks Canada Covid-19 Response Fund. Thank you for your generous support! Let’s continue to nourish ourselves while nourishing our communities. Stay home. Stay safe. Stay sane. With yoga at home.
Register with a ‘Pay What You Can Monthly’ that will give you access to:
- 8 distinct live classes,
- a recorded link to the class to repeat 48 hrs after the live class
- E-transfer with your full name to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Credit card payments accepted with PayPal. Just click the “Donate” button below.
Immunity through Community: Iyengar Yoga Classes
Come back to spaciousness in body and mind with yoga. These days are flooding us with information and sweeping changes to some of our lives which can wreak havoc on stress and immune responses. I will offer a class to undo tension, build strength, stability, flexibility, balance, strengthen immunity and restore the body and mind while practising together in community.
These classes are suitable for beginner to intermediate students and anyone wanting to support a sense of togetherness during this time. I offer ‘bus stops’ and variations on poses to accommodate physical limitation, energy levels or desired practise for the day.
How to Prepare for your online class?
- make sure you’ve both paid for your subscription and then registered in advance for the class of your choice on my schedule
- have some clear wall space (ideally wide enough to spread your legs and arms)
- have a yoga chair or study chair
- a firm blanket (tighter weave if possible)
- a yoga strap, or even men’s neck tie will do!
- Those with full prop kits (bolsters, foam chips, bricks) can bring those also as I will sometime show options, inversions with these props.
- Everyone will have a way to make each poses accessible regardless of access to any of these above props.
- Children classes only require a mat.
If you have any further questions, contact me.
I am a Certified Iyengar Yoga Instructor and a classically trained professional actor. I am passionate to make accessible yoga for every body and the rigour of training for Iyengar Instructors is geared at just that- making sure yoga practise is clear and teachable to all of us. My work and training an an actor, writer and directer imbues my teaching with a sense of play and exploration- necessary tools on the wide journey of learning. Read more here.